What is Muscular Dystrophy?
Muscular Dystrophy is caused by a genetic disorder in the body that is characterized by the weakening of the muscles. A damaged or missing genetic information leads to less or no production of the proteins that energize and maintain the health of the muscles.
Symptoms of Muscular Dystrophy can be observed from the early childhood. Some of the major and common observations include inability to walk, stand, or sit properly. Inability to move the limbs freely and problems with breathing can also observed. Muscular Dystrophy if left untreated can often lead to other complications as well. The other symptoms include
- Muscle and joint pain
- Slow deterioration of the muscle functioning. In some cases, symptoms are observed gradually or do not appear until adulthood.
- A pattern of muscular problems can be observed from the childhood like they would waddle, lose balance consistently, face difficulty in walking up the stairs, and cannot carry even the lightest of weights.
- In some sever cases, muscles are not developed or the muscle tissue is completely damaged and the area is replaced by fat.
There are different types of muscular dystrophy that are classified based on the affected area.
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is characterized by the weakening of pelvic muscles, weakness in shoulders, back, and limbs. Kids can also face respiratory problems and in some cases, they would develop mental retardation or learning disability.
- In adults, Myotonic Dystrophy or Steinert’s disease is more common and the symptoms commonly include weakness in muscles and muscle shrinking. Overtime, if left untreated, it can lead to heart diseases and cataracts.
- Limb-girdle dystrophy, Facio-scapulo-humeral dystrophy and Becker dystrophy are some other types of the problem that can commonly affect boys and girls.
Homeopathy Treatment for Muscular Dystrophy
The symptoms and weaknesses of the muscular dystrophy can be controlled effectively with Homeopathy. The constitutional treatment prevents the spread of the intense muscular dystrophy effect to other parts of the body making them safe from the damage. Free movement and activity of limbs can be restored to a great extent with the Homeopathic treatment.
For more about the treatments and services offered by Positive Homeopathy, Contact Us now.