What is Insomnia?
Insomnia, otherwise simply known as sleeplessness, is an inability to initiate sleep or maintain it after initiation. This is not considered as a disorder or a disease but a condition that occurs to most adults at certain phase of their lives.
Depending on the duration of persistence of the problem, Insomnia is generally classified into transient insomnia, short-term insomnia, and long-term insomnia
- Transient insomnia – lasts less than a week
- Short-term insomnia – lasts anywhere between one to three weeks, also known as acute insomnia
- Long-term insomnia – lasts more than three weeks, also known as chronic insomnia
What Causes Insomnia?
In case of transient or short-term insomnia, the causes include
- Changes in working hours
- Sudden increase in stress – both mental and physical
- Situational stress associated with material or emotional loss
- Anxiety and increased nervousness
- Alcoholic withdrawal and medicinal withdrawal
- Environmental changes
- Geographical location changes
- Jet lag
In case of chronic insomnia, the causes include
- Psychological trauma
- Bipolar disorder
- Mental illness
The high risk factors for insomnia include travelling long distances regularly, frequent changes of working hours or shifts, ageing in some cases, pregnancy, and menopause.
Homeopathy Treatment for Insomnia
Homeopathy is the ideal method to tackle the symptom of acute insomnia while chronic insomnia can effectively be treated with constitutional treatment of Homeopathy. Results can be observed within a very good time and patient will be able to get normal levels of sleep on a regular basis without any side-effects from the medication.
For more about the treatments and services offered by Positive Homeopathy, Contact Us now.