Many of us would have suffered from sore throat at least once in life time. For many it is harmless and resolves on its own but in few throat infections can lead to a more serious complication of Rheumatic fever.
What is Rheumatic Fever?
High fever accompanied with inflammation and swelling of joints, muscle pains and rash usually following a throat infection could be Rheumatic Fever. The causative organism is a bacterium called Streptococcus, which is commonly associated with Sore throat and in some cases Scarlet fever. The sensitized immune bodies in a few cases start attacking the body tissue leading to systemic inflammation; hence Rheumatic fever is considered as an auto immune disease.
What Causes Rheumatic Fever?
As mentioned earlier the cause for Rheumatic fever is a bacterium Streptococcus but why in few cases it leads to it is: inadequate treatment of throat infection, poor oral hygiene, and compromised immune system. The risk of rheumatic fever is more among weaker section of society because of the poor environmental condition.
What are the symptoms?
The major symptoms of Rheumatic fever are:
- Pyrexia or high grade temperature (100-1040F)
- Poly arthritis or joint pains
- Swollen and inflamed joints
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Migrating type of pains, i.e. pain shifts from one joint to other
- Subcutaneous nodules in pressure point like elbow
- Tachycardia (increased heart rate) and palpitations
- Pain in chest and abdomen region
- Chorea (involuntary jerky movements of hands, feet and face)
- Erythema marginatum (reddish flat rash on skin)
Rheumatic fever if not treated may lead to a more serious complication of Rheumatic Heart Disease causing Aortic stenosis, regurgitation, fibrillations and heart failure.
Homeopathy Treatment for Rheumatic fever:
Homeopathy medicine is given based on totality of symptoms exhibited by the patient, including likes, dislikes, dreams, emotions, social interaction, mental and physical symptoms. Well selected Homeopathy medicine not only shortens Rheumatic fever but also prevent complications of Rheumatism.