What is Lichen Planus?
Lichen Planus is a chronic illness that is characterized by the presence of rashes, papules, or lesions on the skin and affects the oral mucosa as well. The disease is triggered by the immune system and can be a result of other chronic illnesses as well.
The symptoms of lichen planus can vary from a small rashes to large and reddish patches characterized with heavy inflammation on the skin. Typical symptoms include
- Papules and rashes near and on the wrists and ankles which are often purplish and flat topped
- Blackish-blue or brownish discoloration on the affected area after the rash starts to heal
- Lesions and rashes that persist for a long time
- White lacy streaks on the mucosa
- Lesions on parts of the mouth and gums
- Saw-tooth appearance of the rete pegs
- Thickening of granular cell layer
- Inflammation in the sub-epithelial layer of connective tissue
- Some symptoms may resemble to those of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis
Lichen Planus is not contagious and it might be the result of some external factor or chronic illness already facing by the patient. Major causes and trigger factors include
- Allergic reactions to certain medication
- Side-effects from medication to B.P, heart problems, and arthritis
- Chronic Hepatitis C virus infection
- Unhygienic living
- Environmental factors
- Genetic or hereditary factors
- Stress and trauma
Homeopathy Treatment for Lichen Planus
It is considered that Homeopathy is one of the best ways to counter the Lichen planus disease. With the help of Homeopathy treatments, the symptoms can be contained on a permanent basis and the suffering is reduced gradually to zero effectively. Constitutional treatment in Homeopathy is the ideal procedure to achieve complete relief from Lichen planus without any side-effects or further complications.
For more about the treatments and services offered by Positive Homeopathy, Contact Us now.