A to Z Diseases
It is an endocrine disorder, in which thyroid doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormone to meet the need of a body. In this article, we will see about homeopathy for hypothyroidism.
INCIDENCE – 42 Million people in INDIA suffer from a thyroid disorder. In adults, the prevalence of hypothyroidism was studied. About 53% of subjects with subclinical hypothyroiditis were positive for anti-TPO antibodies.
CAUSES – Worldwide –too little iodine in the diet.
- In countries with enough iodine diet, other causes like autoimmune condition –Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Previously treated with radioactive iodine.
- Any injuries to the hypothalamus or anterior pituitary.
- Lack of thyroid functioning at birth
- Previous thyroid surgery.
RISK FACTORS – mostly female
- Age-30 yrs n above
- Any other health issues like lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Low iodine intake.
- Goitrogenic food like soy milk, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, beer, gluten containing food items.
- Hair fall
- Body pain
- Dry skin
- Loss of libido
- decreased heart rate, speech
- Mood swings
- Intolerance to cold, etc.
EVALUATION – Increased TSH (Suggest of the thyroid is underactive)
TSH – Normal range-(0.5 mu/I – 5.0 mu/I)
COMPLICATION – cardiovascular disease, peripheral neuropathy, obesity, menstrual disturbances, and infertility.
HOMEOPATHIC APPROACH – It helps in treating the hypothyroid by making up the body immunity to fight with the disease and gradually decreasing the dose of levothyroxine along with homeopathic medicines. The medicines help to normalize thyroid function naturally and optimize the body metabolism thereby reducing the ill-effects of under-functioning thyroid.
HOMEOPATHY FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM
- THYROIDINUM – obese, dry skin, weakness weak pulse, palpitations, cold hands, and feet. Sensitive to cold, oedematous conditions, irritable, worse least opposition, goes into a rage over trifles, desire for sweets, thirst for cold water, nausea worse riding in the car, much flatus in the abdomen, enuresis.
- CALC CARB – ONE OF THE BEST REMEDY FOR HYPOTHYROID, recommended in people who are always chilly, fair complexion, fat flabby. Excessive sweat on the head, craving for boiled eggs, desires indigestible things like chalk, pencils, and limes. Aversion to take fats. Constipation. The first part of the stool is hard and followed by soft stools. Profuse menses. The coldness of feet during menstrual periods.
- IODUM – anxiety, great excitement, irritable and sensitiveness, low spirits and weeping with ill humor. Excessive loquacity and mirthfulness, suppurative ulcers on cheeks with swelling on cheeks. Thickly coated tongue. Constriction of the throat with difficulty swallowing. Aphthae with fetid odor. Unusual hunger, better after satisfying it. Ravenous hunger alternate with loss of appetite. Increased thirst. Stools hard nodular or soft frequent stool, diarrhea alternate with constipation. Corrosive leucorrhoea, menses too early or too late. Trembling.
- SEPIA- weak, pale yellow face and faint very easily on cold Menses appear too early and copious in nature, constipation, stool hard and difficult, passed in small balls with excessive pain. Irritable and indifferent to the family members, who were earlier very much loved. Craving for acidic things and pickles.
- LYCOPODIUM – hypothyroidism with gastric complaints, excessive flatulence with abdomen flatulence. Complaints aggravate from 4 pm to 8 pm. constipation with difficult hard incomplete stool, craves hot things and hot food, sweets. Hair fall. Irritable nature cannot bear little contradiction.
- GRAPHITES – obese and take cold easily. Long-standing constipation, the stool is hard and passes with great difficulty. Fullness in the abdomen due to obstruction of flatulence and desire loss in clothing to get relief. Depressed, sad and beats easily o listening to music, timid, indecisive.
- NUXVOMICA – temperamental in nature and get offended very easily sensitive to all external impressions, obstinate constipation, stools scanty and unsatisfactory with an urge to pass stool with little evacuation. Bloating after eating. The desire for stimulants, chilly, prolonged menses, blood is blackish and accompanied by a fainting spell.
For more information on Homeopathy for Hypothyroidism, Click here.