Did you ever experience any joint pains? Did you ever hear your loved ones saying joint or knee pains? This is a common condition known as arthritis that most people would have faced in their life. In this article we will learn about causes, symptoms, types, and homeopathy treatment for arthritis.
Arthritis is an inflammation or a degeneration of single or multiple joints; this condition is characterized as inflammation at the area between two joints. Hands, feet, knees, lower back, and hips are a few common areas of the body where arthritis can occur.
There are hundreds of types identified in arthritis that depend on the area affected, causes, and symptoms. Among many, there are four common types of arthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Gouty Arthritis
This condition occurs when joints are overused. Osteoarthritis can be observed commonly in the elderly or sometimes can even be observed due to some injury in the joint or due to obesity. Osteoarthritis can most commonly be observed in the areas like knees, feet, spine, or even hip.
People With Osteoarthritis may Experience
- Inflammation or swelling of the joint
- Difficulty in moving legs, hands, and even fingers
- Pain in the spine or lower back due to prolonged sitting or standing
These symptoms vary from person to person, depending on the area or the joint affected.
Causes of Osteoarthritis
- Physical Trauma
- Injuries to spine
- Hereditary factors can also be a reason
This is another common type of arthritis affecting mostly middle-aged women. Rheumatoid arthritis is characterized by chronic inflammation and autoimmune disease. The immune system attacks body parts, mainly the joints, which leads to inflammation, and untreated rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can cause severe damage to the joint.
People With this Type of Arthritis may Experience
- Swelling of the joints
- Weight loss
- Physical and mental trauma due to severe pain
- Reddening around the infected region
Psoriatic arthritis is also a common type of inflammatory arthritis and an autoimmune condition that affects people with psoriasis. People with this type of arthritis first have psoriasis and then are diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. The most common areas affected by psoriatic arthritis include the neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, fingers, knee, toes, and ankle.
People With Psoriatic Arthritis may Experience
- Stiffness of joints
- Pitted nails
- Inflamed fingers or toes
- Skin rash
Causes of Psoriatic Arthritis
- Combination of genetic and environmental factors
- Physical trauma
- Problems with the immune system
Gout, commonly referred to as gouty arthritis or inflammatory arthritis, occurs when there is an excess production of uric acid deposited in the joints and can cause inflammation or swelling. This common type of arthritis is a chronic condition that can lead to severe damage if left untreated and can also affect kidney functioning. Gout arthritis commonly affects only one at a time, often affecting the big toe joint.
Symptoms of Gouty Arthritis
- Intensive pain
Causes of Gouty Arthritis
- Overweight or Obesity
- Excess consumption of alcohol
- Excess intake of meat and fish
Risk Factors of Arthritis
Few common behaviors or characteristics, commonly known as risk factors, can increase an adult’s risk of being infected by arthritis. But these risk factors can be controlled to reduce the risk of getting prone to it.
Few risk factors include
- Obesity: Carrying extra pounds on your knees can make your joints stressed. People with obesity are more at risk of increasing osteoarthritis. But not to worry, having control over this risk factor can reduce the risk of developing.
- Joint injuries: People with injuries in the joints and overuse of the injured joint are more likely to develop arthritis.
- Infection: Bacteria and viruses can infect the joints, which leads to an increased risk of developing any type of arthritis.
- Age: Above mentioned types of arthritis have an increased risk of developing with the increase in age.
- Family history: Studies conducted have explained that some types of arthritis, like osteoarthritis, run in families. So people having a sibling with osteoarthritis are more likely to increase the risk of developing arthritis.
- Gender: Arthritis types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis are more common in women than men, and Gout arthritis is most common in men than women. This is the reason why gender is also included in risk factors in developing arthritis.
Homeopathy Treatment for Arthritis
Homeopathic medicines are considered to be effective and safe as they are made up of natural substances. These medicines are proven effective and safe by treating all types of acute and chronic diseases like asthma, allergies, skin conditions, and including diabetes and blood pressure without any hint of side effects and further complications.
With its constitutional treatment, Homeopathy treats all diseases by considering the patient’s past and present physical and mental health, including the patient’s family history. Homeopathy is considered to be perfect as it always aims at identifying the root cause of the disease and has been successful in doing the same for any type of disease. Homeopathy treatment for arthritis can be cured effectively without any side effects and complications.
Arthritis is an inflammation or a degeneration of single or multiple joints. There are many types of arthritis, among them, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gouty, and Psoriatic arthritis are few common. Homeopathy is an ideal solution to treat arthritis and all its types without any side effects and complications. To know more or book an appointment click here