A to Z Diseases
It is a fast-paced world nowadays and we do not want any disturbance in health to slow it down but many conditions can affect us. One of the common conditions which affect many is Plantar fasciitis, commonly known as Heel Pain, the painful condition which does not let the person put his foot on the ground. Learn more about Plantar Fasciitis homeopathy treatment in this article.
Plantar fasciitis typically affects the middle-aged persons but recently an upward trend in the number of teenagers also being affected is being noticed.
What could be the probable causes for this heel pain?
- Plantar fasciitis: Our feet are under relentless pressure. They are one of the important weight-bearing joints and for that reason, the protective connective tissue present in the sole known as fascia is thick and tough. The plantar fascia is like a tight sheet connecting the bones of the foot and acts as a shock pad and also helps to maintain the shape of the foot. But activities like prolonged standing long walks or jogging, wearing ill-fitting shoes, increasing body weight or anatomical abnormalities like flat foot can lead to wear and tear of this fascia causing inflammation. Generally, plantar fasciitis pain is located at the point of insertion of the fascia and the middle portion of the foot.
The pain in the initial stage is more severe at the beginning of the movement (first step) with relief after taking a few steps but as it becomes chronic the pain may become constant
- Achilles’ tendonitis: Achille’s tendon is the largest and the strongest tendon of the body connecting the calf muscles to the heel bone (calcaneum) and helps in the movement of the heel while walking, jumping, and jogging. But however strong the tendon is it is also prone to injuries, inflammations, and degeneration causing degenerative changes.
- Bursitis: Bursas are small fluid sac present near joints and tendons to prevent friction, inflammation of this sacs due to wearing hard heeled footwear, prolonged use of high heels, or increased pressure on the foot. The pain at the heel can be severe and be felt deep inside the heel.
- Spur: is an extra growth on the under the surface of heel bone caused due to calcium deposition which along with plantar fasciitis can give rise to severe pain in the heel region.
Besides the above there are many more conditions which can cause pain in the heel region like gout, Paget’s disease, osteomyelitis, cysts, tumors, arthritis, etc. can lead to heel pain.
How Homeopathy can help:
Plantar Fasciitis Homeopathy Treatment
Homeopathy remedy is selected based on the symptoms which include not only the physical but also mental and emotional symptoms. Thus selected remedy is known as Constitutional Homeopathy Medicine. The medicine helps in reducing the inflammation and pain, avoiding the need for anti-inflammatory medications. Given below are few important homeopathy medicines for heel pain:
- Ammonium Mur– Easily adapted to those who are sluggish and on the heavier side. Pain in the heel, tendons feel shortened. Ulcerative pain in the heel.
- Calcarea Flour– A powerful remedy for hard, stony glands, varicose and enlarged veins and malnutrition of bones. Useful for bone exostoses like a calcaneal spur and gouty enlargements.
- Colocynthis– Affinity more towards the left side. Lightening type of pain ameliorated by hard pressure.
- Ledum Pal– Pain in heel extending upwards. Pains are sticking, tearing, throbbing, aggravation by motion, night, by the warmth of the bed, ameliorated by application of icy cold water.
- Pulsatilla– Shifting type of pains, legs feel heavy. Boring pain in heel more towards evening
- Ranunculus Bulb– Pains stitching, stabbing, shooting type. Pain due to corns and calluses. Worse due to atmospheric changes, wet, stormy weather and in evening
- Valerina– Oversensitive to pain. Heel pains while sitting and better by walking. Constant jerking of extremities.